Here is some information on why quitting Facebook might be the right move for water-sport enthusiasts. Take a look.
Facebook in the news (video)
- Why You Should Be Worried About Facebook’s Metaverse – Vice, Dec 7, 2021
- Facebook executive blames users for believing misinformation – CNN, Dec 15, 2021
- How Facebook is Stealing Billions of Views – Kurzgesagt – In a Nutshell, Nov 10, 2015
Facebook in the news (print)
- Buying Influence: How China Manipulates Facebook and Twitter – New York Times, Dec 20, 2021
- The Facebook Papers: What you need to know about the trove of insider documents -NPR, Oct 25, 2021
- Facebook Has Been Showing Military Gear Ads Next To Insurrection Posts – Buzzfeed News, Jan 13, 2021
- Researchers explain why they believe Facebook mishandles political ads – NPR, Dec 9, 2021
- Facebook did little to moderate posts in the world’s most violent countries – Politico, Oct 25, 2021
- Nearly 50,000 Facebook users may have been targets of private surveillance, company says – Washington Post, Dec 17, 2021
- A Facebook antitrust suit can move forward, a judge says, in a win for the F.T.C. -The New York Times.
Facebook and monopoly
- Blind spot: The attention economy and the law T Wu – Antitrust Law Journal, 2017
- The old media business in the new:’The Googlization of everything’as the capitalization of digital consumption B Nixon – Media, Culture & Society, 2016
Facebook and misinformation
- Misinformation spreading on Facebook F Zollo, W Quattrociocchi – Complex spreading phenomena in social …, 2018
- Trends in the diffusion of misinformation on social media H Allcott, M Gentzkow, C Yu – Research & Politics, 2019
- Dysfunctional information sharing on WhatsApp and Facebook: The role of political talk, cross-cutting exposure and social corrections P Rossini, J Stromer-Galley, EA Baptista… – New Media & Society 2020
- The Misinformation Society V Pickard – Antidemocracy in America, 2019
- Mapping misinformation in the coronavirus outbreak A Santos Rutschman – Health Affairs Blog, 2020
Facebook and addictive behavior
- Ethics of the attention economy: The problem of social media addiction VR Bhargava, M Velasquez – Business Ethics Quarterly, 2021
- The impact of Facebook addiction and self-esteem on students’ academic performance: A multi-group analysis AH Busalim, M Masrom, WNBW Zakaria – Computers & Education, 2019
- Social networking and academic performance: A review T Doleck, S Lajoie – Education and Information Technologies, 2018
- 61% of studies showed negative significant effects of social media use on students’ academic performance . . . only 4% reported a positive effect.
Facebook and self-esteem
- Negative social comparison on Facebook and depressive symptoms: Rumination as a mechanism. Feinstein, B. A., Hershenberg, R., Bhatia, V., Latack, J. A., Meuwly, N., & Davila, J. (2013). Psychology of Popular Media Culture, 2(3), 161
- “. . . negatively comparing oneself with others may place individuals at risk for rumination and, in turn, depressive symptoms.
- ”Envy on Facebook: a hidden threat to users’ life satisfaction? H Krasnova, H Wenninger, T Widjaja, P Buxmann – 2013
Facebook Critic Organizations